These are notes from the paranormal presentation by Saul Ravencraft and Chris Walden. If you have any questions or comments please use the contact form to reach out.
The Shadow Hour
Chris’s audio podcast on the strange, the odd and the unusual. It’s no longer broadcasting, but the archive is available. There is talk of reviving the program, so keep an eye on the site for details.
- Cryptomundo – News about weird creatures throughout the world, featuring frequent Shadow Hour guest, Ken Gerhard.
- Top 10 Cryptids That Turned Out to be Real – They aren’t all hoaxes!
- Was the Patterson-Gimlin film ever proven to be a hoax? – interesting examination of the “proof” that this famous Bigfoot footage is a hoax that questions some of the debunking evidence
- MUFON – Mutual UFO Network, lots of research information. You can volunteer, too!
- UFO Stalker – live map of MUFON reports. See what’s been happening in your area!
- Stephenville, Texas incident in 2008
◊ MUFON account with 76 page report of radar analysis
◊ Skeptical analysis from Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
- Ghost Village – a sampling of videos, accounts and other news from people exploring ghost phenomena
Texas Paranormal Societies – list of groups in Texas where you can do your own exploring
- Book – The Witch of Lime Street: Seance, Seduction, and Houdini in the Spirit World by David Jaher (see on Amazon)
- Terms to explore: EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena), orbs
- Video about the Philip experiment (read more)
Science and the Paranormal
Here are a few interesting articles, studies and perspectives that suggest science is not entirely at odds with the paranormal.
- Scientific American: Brilliant Scientists Are Open-Minded about Paranormal Stuff, So Why Not You?
- Skeptico podcast: Dr. Diane Powell Uses Serious Science to Understand Psychic Phenomena
- Powell’s book: The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena
- SCEPCOP – The Scientific Committee to Evaluate PseudoSkeptical Criticism of the Paranormal
- Ted Talk by Sam Arbesman about the half-life of facts
Feel free to keep the conversation going through the contact form.